Girard auction opens with $15m of sales, but price rises in bidding
- by admin
Girard Auction’s first auction on Saturday saw a record-setting $15.6 million in sales.
The auction house’s online catalogue, which is updated daily, shows that buyers paid an average of $5,096 for a single lot in the auction’s final day.
The high for this sale was $15,737.53.
The total value of all bids and lots sold was $29.8 million.
The sale took place at a time of high unemployment in New Zealand and a shortage of cash in the country.
It’s also not the first time the auction house has seen record sales.
The previous record auction was in 2011 when the total sale was worth $11.8m.
Girard Auction’s first auction on Saturday saw a record-setting $15.6 million in sales.The auction house’s online catalogue, which is updated…
- Chevy says it will scrap ‘Polaris’ minivan as it ramps up production of the Chevy Bolt 2 sedan
- What the car auction site is really for: Dealers or car buyers?
- Auctions go live at the Garrard auction house
- Rebel Auction, Rapper’s ‘Sugar High’ Auction, Auctioned Off With Auction of ‘Mozart in the Jungle’ title Rebel auction, Rappers ‘Sugaree’ Auction Sell for $3.5 Million at Rikers Island
- How to buy an auction house in Australia