How to avoid a major data breach
- by admin
The FBI has announced the arrest of a hacker who allegedly breached the company’s security, leading to a massive data breach.
FBI Director James Comey said Monday that Aaron Barr, 30, had been arrested for “attempted hacking.”
In a statement, Comey said Barr was a contractor with the FBI’s Cyber Division, but he did not elaborate.
Barr has been charged with breaking into the computers of the company that makes the BlackBerries, which are used in some of Apple’s iPhones.
“The investigation that led to the arrest and indictment of Aaron Barr and the breach of its computer network has been ongoing for nearly three years,” Comey said.
“It is with deep sadness that we announce the arrest in this matter.”
The FBI said Barr “will be arraigned today in U.S. District Court in New York City.”
Apple said Barr has worked at the company for six years.
“We are grateful to the FBI for their ongoing work on the matter and wish Aaron a speedy and successful extradition,” the company said in a statement.
The FBI arrested Barr in April 2016.
“This is a very sad day for the company, the FBI, and the tech community in general,” Apple CEO Tim Cook said in April.
The company said Barr is no longer employed by the company.
“Aaron Barr has no relationship with Apple and is no employee of Apple,” Cook said.
Barr is being held on a $2.5 million bond and is scheduled to appear in court on April 26.
He is also expected to be extradited to Texas.
The FBI has announced the arrest of a hacker who allegedly breached the company’s security, leading to a massive data…
- Chevy says it will scrap ‘Polaris’ minivan as it ramps up production of the Chevy Bolt 2 sedan
- What the car auction site is really for: Dealers or car buyers?
- Auctions go live at the Garrard auction house
- Rebel Auction, Rapper’s ‘Sugar High’ Auction, Auctioned Off With Auction of ‘Mozart in the Jungle’ title Rebel auction, Rappers ‘Sugaree’ Auction Sell for $3.5 Million at Rikers Island
- How to buy an auction house in Australia